Friday, October 24, 2008

Unbreakable Bond


I absolutely love my sisters. It's amazing to me how three people can be so similar and yet so different at the same time.

My sisters and I have a thing, if we are all together, we have to take a picture. This is the most recent one - taken at Heather's bridal shower back Easter. She lives in North Carolina now with the fiance, getting hitched next month. They only make it back once or maybe twice a year now, but it really changes nothing. We still talk on the phone at least 4 times a week, email, text, almost daily.

That's what I love about sisters, especially mine. It's such an unbreakable bond. Friends move away, and you sort of lose the closeness. With sisters, it's always there. You will always have secret inside jokes that nobody else gets. You will always have those girls that know what you are thinking just by looking at you, or even before they look at you!

With sisters, it's okay to disagree and bicker about silly things. Because you know in a day neither one of you will remember anyways. I have here my two constant, forever friends in life. I love my sisters.
PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

23 comments:

Heather said...

It is nice that you and your sister are all so close. Great photo.

tiarastantrums said...

this is nice to hear - I never had any sisters - but have two daughters.

Cecily R said...

I feel the same way about my sister. That bond is unmatched!

I love that you take a picture each time you're together. Someday you should post a bunch from over the years!

♥ Becky ♥ said...

That's how it is for me and my brother. He just recently moved to Chicago from CA and I miss him terribly!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nothing like the bond between sisters!

Maggie May said...

Ahhhhhhh. I would have loved a sister.
You three look lovely and I think this is a very good photo and post!

Deb said...

you're all so beautiful and obviously close. i do wish i had a sister... no such luck.

Claremont First Ward said...

You resemble each other SO much. You are all so beautiful. I'm so thankful for my sisters!

Chris said...

I have no sisters, but everyday, I hope that my two girls will have what you and your sisters have.

Robyn said...

I've always wondered what it would be like to have a sister, I have a brother, but I know it isn't the same.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more! My sisters and Mom are my best friends in the world!

I'm finally getting to your 7 random things tag tonight! Come by and read it when you have time. Sorry I've been so lame ;D

Heeeheehee, my random word is nozetint. I would choose blue.

Unknown said...

You make me jealous. I've always wanted a sister, but alas there's just me. :) It's great you all are so close!

Mc Allen said...

aww, I have 4 girls and its a prayer of ours that they will be best friends, they are teens now and seem to hate one another( did ya'll ever go through that?) You guys are cute and it inspires me!! Hugs L A

iheartbowheads.blogspot.com said...

sweet sisters - I always say that to my girls - sweet sisters :)

Anonymous said...

Great picture of you and your sisters. What a great bond.

Meaghan said...

Sisters are the BEST! I love mine so much and am so grateful that i have her in my life. I did not feel this way when we were young tho!

Get in on this weeks giveaway :) I decided to giveaway 1 lb of coffee every week. I am including all your entries from last week but you can get more ontop of those :)

The next giveaway won't include past entries tho so keep checking back so you can win :)

-Meaghan

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Great post! Sisters are wonderful, I love my sisters too.

Forgetfulone said...

Thanks for stopping by my bloggy giveaway!
http://forgetfulone.blogspot.com

WheresMyAngels said...

What aa sweet photo and post. I also love that your name tags are on your waist. I never would of thought of that.

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

Came over from SITS to say hello.

You will LOVE Vegas. I went for the first time 4 years ago for a 30th birthday (12 girls. In Vegas. Fun was had by all!). Enjoy it! : )

Maude Lynn said...

I should really take more pictures with my sister!

Tami said...

What a sweet post about you all :)

Thank you for visiting me Monday for my SITS day in the sun - I'll check back soon!

Anonymous said...

I have 2 sisters as well. What a great idea to get a picture whenever you are together....I may have to steal that idea! :) Love your blog!