Friday, January 21, 2011

I can't even contain myself...

My little sister, who lives in North Carolina, is having a baby soon. I am soooo excited to finally be an aunt. And for Brody to no longer be the only child in the family. We are going out to visit them a few weeks after the new addition is born, the first week in March.

This is the first real "vacation" that Brody will be going on. Besides weekends here and there, never far away, we did go to Texas for a family wedding once when he was 10 months old. So, needless to say, the little booger is EXCITED. First plane rides! woo!

What he doesn't know...is that I am planning another vacation inside of our vacation. We are going to fly from Charlotte to Orlando for 2 days in that week long visit to my sister.....

as in HOGWARTS CASTLE. UNIVERSAL STUDIOS.


He is going to FLIP OUT!!! I can't wait. Every time those commercials come on he stops whatever he is doing to watch, and makes me promise that the NEXT time we get to go on vacation, please, please, please let's go there...
Hee. Hee. Hee.
I have to admit, I'm a bit nervous about all this traveling by myself. I have our plane tickets booked already, but am still debating on where we are staying in Florida. To me, I think it might just be worth it to stay at one of Universals hotels. It's right there, which means no trying to get from a to b for me, and you also get the fast pass thing, plus some other perks. It is more expensive, yes, but what do you think? Has anyone stayed there? Is it worth it?
I do NOT want to have to get a car, even take a cab if it's not neccessary. So hotels with shuttle service to and from the airport would also be a major plus.
I haven't been down to Universal since I was 22....(8 years ago, holy cow...). I am soooo excited for the new Hogwarts area, but what else is different? Any special tips for me??

1 comment:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I would stay at one of the nearby hotels if you can, so you don't have to worry about getting to the park. I've stayed at the Disney hotels and they're so fun!