Not so much with the alchoholic drink, but the flavor of it. I was intrigued. I had never tasted a pomegranate before. It was SOOOO. GOOOOOD.
In the next few days I found myself in the grocery store, looking at the pomegranates. I'm not going to lie, they scared me a little bit. I knew nothing about them. How did you eat them? What was inside this fruit, and would I like it as much as I did in the alchoholic version?
I put the fruit down and walked to the safer, much less scary juice section.

Pomegranate juice. EXPENSIVE. But soooo very worth every drop. I have now created a monster. Not just in myself, but also in Brody. We are both OBSESSED with anything pomegranate.
I can't believe I've never had one before! (Maybe because they are a $1.50 a piece??) The fruit and juice are pretty much staples in our diet now.
There are so many wonderful things about this fruit - health benefits include fighting types of cancer to lowering blood pressure and cholesterol. It is a fantastic source of antioxidants, and may reduce the risk for several illnesses. (Of course, many foods claim this. I do realize that, but also do believe in many of the claims being made.)
While in Sam's Club last week - I came across these:

HEAVEN IN A BAG! They aren't quite as good as the real thing, since other juices have been added and such, (not just a pomegranate seed covered in chocolate) but let me tell you - they are fabulous!
If you see them, pick them up. Well worth the money (and 4 WW points). And if you haven't already tried the fruit or juice, do it! Don't be a chicken like me.
It's kind of a big deal!!





5 comments:
I love pomegranate everything. 7-Up had a pomegranate flavor last year. In my purse I've got pomegranate-scented hand sanitizer. I love it.
I totally stole a handful of those chocolate thingies from the place I babysit on Fridays! So delicious. I love pomegranate everything :)
I ♥ chocolate. I ♥ pomegranate. This sounds like a match made in heaven.
I love pomegranate juice although I too have never tried the fruit. I think that it is important to remember how good they are for you. I think I will be looking for that little bag the next time I am at SAM'S Club! Thanks for the heads up!
Becca
I love Pomegranates. The only bummer is they stain your clothes. But they are so yummy!
Post a Comment