Yes, I took a little blogging break. I just needed it. It's not that I didn't have things to say, but that I was just too exhausted (both physically and mentally) to actually write them down! So instead of saying, I will blog tomorrow, I said, I will blog when I am good and ready.
This will be a mishmash of everything that has been happening with me as of late.
* We had a great Christmas. Santa was good to both me and Brody this year. (Mostly him, of course!) I got a nice bonus check and almost three weeks off of work, paid. (thanks to the weather!!)
* Speaking of, this weather BLOWS. The whole month of December, we got dumped on majorly. After the third major storm, we had 28 inches of snow on the ground. That is not counting drifts. My backyard is drifted 6 feet. (still). My driveway was 4 feet deep. Let me tell you how much fun that was to shovel. My shoulders hurt just thinking about it. Now, January has not been any better. We have seen the sun twice so far this month. Just had a major ice storm this week that has people still out of power, three days later. Not fun. February better be sunny and nice. I don't know how much more of this I can take. Is anyone else living somewhere that has a big red bullseye on it this winter?
* I got a bill from Preschool yesterday for the month of January. He's only been able to go 4 times so far this month, but I still have to pay for the whole month. Um, what? I do not think that is fair at all. Especially since they will be going the whole month of May now, which I'm sure I'll have to pay for also.
I need a vacation. I would love to take Brody to Disney World. I know you can do it fairly inexpensive these days, but I am not sure how I want to do it. Should I just take him by myself, a little me and him time? Or should I go with another couple/boyfriend? I don't know. I am sort of scared to go alone, but not really wanting to share that time either. Actually, I am not even sure we can afford to go right now. Since we are both in a wedding in June, and I have another one in August. $$$
* Speaking of Boyfriend. It's been a crazy few months! First off, last fall I decided to be done. I didn't talk to him for 2 1/2 months. Then something broke in me and I just needed him. All it took was a text that said I miss you and he was here. Things are good sometimes, and I feel like it's perfect and I know I'm going to end up marrying him. Then I won't talk to him for a few days, and I'm okay with that too. But I still can't imagine growing old with anyone else.
It's just weird because it's like we are in the book, just different chapters. So either he needs to read faster to catch up, or I need to stop and wait for him to catch up. He's not a bad person, and I know he genuinely cares for me. I'm not a bad person either. We both ultimately want the same thing, but just want to get there at different times. We'll just have to see what that means I guess.
* I have a facebook stalker. Not really, but sort of. I was friended by a girl that I went to high school with. We were never good friends, but whatever, it was a small school, so everyone knows everyone. She comments or likes absolutely EVERYTHING that I post. Even if I post on another person's wall, she makes a comment too. WTF? It is really starting to annoy me. I never respond to her anymore, thinking she would get the hint and lay off a bit, but that didn't work. So I started deleting the things she posts, but she just reposts them. Any advice here? I don't mind being her friend, but seriously, back off!!
* I bought my brother's Wii from him for Christmas. They never play it, and I ended up getting the Wii, 2 controllers, 2 numchucks, the sports accessories, 3 games besides Wii sports, a steering wheel, and Guitar Hero World Tour with 2 guitars all for $275.
Best $275 I've ever spent! Brody loves it, and is actually really good. We ended up buying Super Mario Bros. with his Christmas money, and I got the Wii Fit and Jillian's Ultimate Workout with mine. With all those snow days we've been having - we've already beat Mario and the Wii Fit is my new best friend! So fun! Jillian, on the other hand is kicking my ass. Which is good, because I want her to. But holy cow! My legs are still hurting from 2 days ago. I expect good things.
I have more to say, but I think I'll stop for now. Whew! I'll be back soon - Promise!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Hey, Hollie! It sounds like it's been an eventful time for you. So glad to hear you're doing so great.
I've heard Jillian Michaels is the devil. Maybe I need to give her a try!
Glad to see you again. Sounds like you've been busy. Jillian scares me. I can't bring myself to try her workout yet.
You have been busy. Glad your Christmas went well.
Not sure how to advise on the Disney thing......Girlfriend? Relative?
There is a place on the facebook comments, if you just hover your mouse over it, it will say 'hide'--just click that and your stalker's comments won't be there---you can also defriend them--remove them from your list of friends.
hope something works for you.
★Linda
RE Facebook stalker: I'd say black. If it's not someone you see in person but someone you only know through Facebook, once you block them, they can't find you or see anything you post. But that's only if the commenting and "liking" get outta hand. I've done some preemptive strikes to keep that from happening.
Post a Comment