Gah.
These pictures are actually from our Christmas storm, ( 2 storms ago.) Above is the intersection in front of my house. Tractors trying to help open the roads.

This is my driveway. Nice, huh? It was 4 feet deep, almost the whole length of it. And I had to manually shovel it by myself. It took me FOREVER. Actually, I did it over three days, it's not like we could go anywhere, and since no one could get here with a blower to help, I figured what's the hurry?
This is our backyard. I had to shovel a path from the back door so that poor Ernie could get outside to do his business! How insane is all that snow!!
I have never seen this much snow! (I guess I have - I was informed that the winter of '82 was maybe worse, but I was only 2 so I don't remember that!)
So what does a person do with all this time at home?? Besides playing the Wii, watching movies and reading, you clean clean clean until you can't clean anymore, and you bake.
I've baked a lot in the past few weeks. Here's a few links to Brody's and my favorites -
Snickerdoodle Blondies - these are AWESOME! Brody would like for me to make them everyday.
Homemade Applesauce - this is soooooo gooooood. I've made it three times since Christmas. In fact - I've got a double batch in the crock pot right now for later!!
Puppy Chow - all time favorite.
Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bread - you MUST make this. SOOOO good. and use dark chocolate chips.
These are some of my own recipes, so no links - but still delicious!!
Chili
Loose Meats
Pudding Cookies
Chicken Enchiladas
and almost everything from the Pioneer Woman's cookbook.
Today - I am making these - Peanut Butter Chewies.
Not so good for the weight watchers points. Good thing I've got all this extra time to work out with Jillian (ouch) and my Wii Fit!!





8 comments:
Oh my goodness! That is MAJOR snow. We haven't had nearly that much in Missouri.
Whoa! I won't complain about the cold anymore. lol The recipes sound perfect for the weather.
That is a lot of snow!! I've only had 2 snow days this year. I need more! Send some snow my way!
Ya for baking, even if it's because you're stuck inside.
Brrrr...you are making me freeze my booty off now!
I'm so sick of winter~! We are supposed to get up to 12 inches of snow this weekend and of COURSE Mr.H and I have hockey tickets... ugh Can't wait for summer!
OMGoodnes! Washington we haven't been hit but a little, the boys would love to be with you. Me not so much, I can't believe you did all the shoveling! You're amazing, that should take away some of the points eaten :).
the banana chocolate chip oatmeal bread sounds delish!!!
Thank you girlie for the link to Heidi's Snickerdoodles! They rock, I can't believe I missed that post of hers.
I just made them for the neighbors and posted pics, they were fab!
Post a Comment