Sunday, August 29, 2010

Discussion Questions Chapters 21-35

My life has stopped this weekend.

Between our town's celebration, Western Days, and my dad re-shingling my roof, I'm surprised I've found time to read at all, BUT - I can not put this book down. I'm sure I'll be finished by Tuesday! Here's my quick response to the next questions.

1. Do you think Tim is the one sending the money?
Maybe... but I think it's probably Naomi. I think that it makes more sense, because she actually CARED about the baby. Tim did not care at all that Genevieve was even pregnant, so I doubt he'd be helping out Eve. I don't think his feelings were EVER real for her.

2. So far, there's been a lot of discussion on CeeCee/Eve and her choices. What choice(s) would you make differently from her?
I'm not sure. I do think she's way too overprotective of Cory. It wasn't so bad when she was a baby, but now she is growing up, and needs to experience mistakes, failure, hurts...

3. What do you like about Jack? Are there things about him that you don't like?
I like Jack. He seems to be a genuine person. A little goofy, maybe, but a good guy! I think I'd like him in real life.

4. What are the differences between CeeCee/Eve's relationship with Tim and Eve's relationship with Jack?
I think it's similar that she still "needs" and craves love/attention. I don't really see her standing up for herself much, and I feel like Jack is in charge. BUT Jack is such a different person than Tim, in that he wants to share the relationship with Eve, not control it. It's obviously the better relationship, but it's still not perfect.

5. Do you think Eve is to blame for Cory's fears? What could she do, specifically, to help Cory feel like less of an outsider?
Partially....she was very overprotective, but I think it's also just how Cory is. I don't beleive that it's all Eve's fault she is so fearful. She needs to keep pushing Cory, get her involved, even if she doesn't want to. She needs to face her fears, especially the small ones.

6. Do you think Eve appropriately answered Cory's questions about her father? Do you think Cory will question her father more as she grows older?
I think she did the best she could. Anything that she had said would be a lie...and no matter what, it's going to come back to bite her in the end. Of course, the older she gets, the more curious about her family, both the one she has now, and the one she doesn't know, she is going to be.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

This is the second blog that I've read that said Naomi might be sending the money. I hadn't even thought of that option!!