Ever since last fall, when his preschool class captured some catapillars and watched them turn into coccoons and then butterflies, he's been talking about "going on a catapillar hunt". He is obsessed with this idea, telling everyone that is invited - me, his uncles, my parents, my sister, that we are going to go on this "hunt" for catapillars and turn them into butterflies.
So, being that it's been WINTER here and all, the catapillar hunt has not yet happened. And won't be happening for months. I happened to find this great butterfly canopy - from the Discovery Store.

I have already purchased this, and have sent in the voucher for the catapillar eggs to be delivered right before Easter. We don't eat candy. We still have a basket full of Halloween candy, and Christmas candy, and Valentine's Day candy. So this year for Easter, I am giving Brody a catapillar hunt.
My problem, is finding the other hunt supplies. As in, we needs hats!!
And magnifying glasses!!!
And I can not find any hats that are not either very cheap, or very expensive. Where on earth can I find these??? I've been googling safari, exploring, detective, anything. Does anyone know where I can get a decent hat?
And magnifying glasses?? I don't want to spend $35 on one, but I don't want just a cheapo plastic one either. Brody really is interested in learning, and I think he'll actually really love getting a close up view on bugs and stuff. Any ideas?
And what else do you suggest I get to go along with our little exploring theme?





4 comments:
Does the Oriental Trading Company have anything? Their stuff is inexpensive and they may have a selection of jungle/explorer items.
Hi, just found you through SITS. I'm a first-time visitor, and I just wanted to say: I have no idea where to pick up a cute hat and a reasonably-priced magnifying glass (I live in Poland, you see), but I LOVE the whole idea of caterpillar hunting. And that butterfly canopy is really sweet...
Good luck on the equipment hunt!
That is such a cute idea!!! Where can I get some catapillars? What a fun idea!
Hey, I'm glad you visited my blog, I really love yours, now a follower :)
How about a cool backpack to carry his supplies in?
Post a Comment