Friday, September 26, 2008

Photostory Friday - Grandma's Rosebush


PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


My grandmother gave me this rosebush in April when I bought my house. She looooooves roses and hers are always full of blooms. Her middle name is even Rose.

So I took it to heart when she explained to me that this bush needs plenty of water and fertilizer, especially it's first year. I am so amazed that it looks like it does. She has tried to give me other plants and flowers and they always end up the same. DEAD. So here she is, my Prize Rosebush! Hopefully it continues to thrive.



6 comments:

tiarastantrums said...

wow those are fantastic - mine never look anything close to that!!

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed. I thought I'd heard of all the fellow Holly/ies. I love roses and think your bush is gorgeous.

Chris said...

Well, good luck. I hear you on the DEAD part -- we're just hoping our kids survive to adulthood.
The color is dazzling.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, Wow! Beautiful! I really need to fertilize mine! Thanks for the reminder!

Cecily R said...

Beautiful!!!! I love the bloom on that last shot!

Here's hoping your bush continues to thrive!

CC said...

Hurray! I love roses. I hope they keep coming back year after year!