Sunday, May 3, 2009

AND I'm spent.



WOW.  It has been a busy weekend.  and I stayed HOME all weekend, except for a trip to Menards/Bomgaars/Lowes.


Here's what I got accomplished in the last 2 days:
1.  Spent $120 on perennials, mulch, new gloves, potting soil, a new hose and nozzle between the 3 above stores.
2.  Weed, weed, weed.
3.  Clean out underneath the humungo christmas trees in my yard (4 bags of TRASH and 3 trips to the dump with dead branches, and pine needles.  Looks MUCH better.
4.  Planted all of said perennials.  I can't wait, it looks great (except the wall has not been painted yet.  Hopefully next weekend, when brother is back to help??)





5.  Raked out the other side of the house, watched as my dad killed about 12 snakes.  Ugh.
6.  Got out patio furniture, hosed it all off.
7.  Added new mulch to my roses.  Wished I had bought more mulch to do the whole flower beds, but not yet.
8.  Cleaned out my closet, took a bunch of clothes and other stuff I've been meaning to take up to the new 2 you store.  
9.  Posted 2 of the storage cabinets I have in my garage on craiglist.  I REALLY need to get rid of them. 
10.  Started cleaning out the storage cabinets.  I had to stop when I almost touched a BABY SNAKE that had somehow managed to be on the THIRD shelf in one of them.  Seriously, how did it even GET there????  So I called my brother to come and "take care of it" for me, and by the time he got here, it had mysteriously dissapeared.  I still don't know what to think about that.
 


11.  Had a planning meeting with two other classmates to plan our 10 YEAR REUNION.  Wow.  It's unbelievable.  But, the first get together is at my house, and it's only 5 weeks away.  Yikes.  We got the planning started and now I am BUSY with that.  Have to have the invites/itinerary out in a week.
12.  Realized Brody's birthday is only 3 weeks away, and I need to get his party planned, and invites out for THAT too.  Which means I get to plan TWO parties.  Ahh.



13.  Got all the laundry done, except for bedding.  
14.  OH - and I almost forgot the most important thing - I walked downstairs Sat. morning to start the laundry, walked into the downstairs bathroom to get a few towels and found the WHOLE Bathroom floor covered in AN INCH OF WATER!!!!  Great.  Somehow, and I really don't KNOW how, the toilet got a huge crack across it.  That toilet hardly EVER gets used.  It's a mystery.  But now, I also need to replace the tank on the toilet.  I have dad and the brothers working on finding one (FREE) for me.  Because that's the last thing in the house I want to replace.
15.  Managed to fall asleep before 10:30 both Friday and Saturday nights, and it's looking good for tonight too!!  My shoulders are killing me, darn sunburn!!



3 comments:

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

Wow... that looks great!! Wanna come do mine now? :-)

You got tagged come see....

http://www.rantraveroll.blogspot.com/

Lora said...

Beautiful gardening--that's my plan for later this week when the rain.finally.stops!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

ahhhh, the joys of being a homeowner. I know what you mean, though. I'm totally wiped out from yard work but love the results!
You will love the perrenials bed! It looks like you have a good eye for plants!