Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day!!!


I hope everyone had a fabulous Mother's Day weekend!!  I did.  I think this was my favorite one yet (of my 4!!)  Brody was such a sweetie.  Being a single mom, I never know if I should even expect anything, but my family always pulls through.  Here he is, emptying the dishwasher for me, just like his Uncles told him too.  (Yes, it's still the old one.  Haven't quite gotten a new one yet!!)

This is a bouquet I got from my mom.  So pretty.


And here is my little man, with his bouquet for me.  He had a choice of about three things to get me, and he chose flowers, and picked them out himself.  I love him.


Adam was great this weekend too.  I wasn't expecting to even see him, because of planting and working long hours, but he made it over here a little after midnight Saturday night, to tell me happy mother's day.  He appreciates what I do, and it's so nice to hear from a "non" family member.  I bought myself a treadmill (for mother's day, well that was my excuse anyways.)  and he is going to try to get out of fieldwork sometime this week to put it together for me.  I can't wait.  

I participated in a Mother's Day Swap this year.  I am so glad I did!!  I met a great blogger who was my partner, A-Priori Mommy.
She got my the PERFECT gift!! Check it out - (modeled so nicely by the Brodster and his goofy smile.)

A NEW BAG!!!!!  You all know how I love those - from American Eagle, my FAVORITE store, a $10 gift card to AE and a lavender eye pillow that she made herself.  It smells SOOOO good!!

It's perfect timing too, because I need to go to AE before the end of the month.  Actually, I'll probably go this weekend and get a new outfit for my upcoming high school 10 year reunion.  I'm hosting it at my house.  Should be interesting!!  Oh - and have you guys SEEN the new kids line at AE!!!!!  Shoot me!  I've only gotten Brody a pair of shorts and a hoodie so far, but OMG it's SSOOOOOO adorable.  

To see everyone's elses swap packages, visit Moody Mommy here.

As if my swap partner hadn't already made my day, she also passed on this really sweet Adorable Blog Award

adorableblogaward.jpg


Jo's blog is great if you haven't checked it out yet.  She has an adorable son and loads of fantastic giveaways.  Stop by and show her some love!


I'm going to pass this award onto Kelset at Authentically Me and Hollie at All Things In Moddy.  Both of these blogs keep me smiling!!


Happy Belated Mother's day everyone!!


12 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

Happy Mother's Day! Sounds like you had just the sort of day a wonderful mom like you deserves!

Anonymous said...

I'm a single mom too!! My two boys and I planted a vegetable garden for M-day, which is funny because we are all three not big veggie eaters. We figured a garden might inspire us to eat a salad every once in a while.

Liz Harrell said...

Glad you had a good M-Day! You have such a sweet little boy!

BBB said...

Awww - happy mother's day - what a SWEET little boy!!!

tiarastantrums said...

oh it sounds like you had such a great day - I love the flowers!!

I so wanted to buy myself a pilates machine for Mother's day - i should have!

Mimi said...

What a beautiful boy!

Thanks for stopping by my blog & helping to make my SITS day special!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Sounds like you had a great mother's day with your sweetie pie little dude! Hi from SITS!

wenderful said...

Thanks for stopping by and helping me celebrate my sits day today! I had ginormous fun.

Tami (Pixeltrash) said...

Awe... your little guy was treating you so well for Mother's Day. Very sweet!

John Deere Mom said...

Glad you had a great Mother's Day...such beautiful flowers!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Sounds like a lovely Mother's Day!! Your son is just adorable!!! Great job Mom!

AP Mommy said...

Aw thanks for all the great love! So glad that you liked the goodies and had a great Mother's Day! Sorry it took me so long to get over here and comment too! Sheesh I've been very bad these last couple of weeks. ;0)