Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Making lists


Well, I have been at work for about 3 hours now today, and so far all I have done is facebook, read a few blogs, and make lists. Lots of lists.

Brody turns 4 on Friday, and I have his birthday party Saturday evening. So I made a list for that, actually two, one of who is coming for sure, and the other of things I still need to pick up, bake, cook, wrap, clean, etc.

I am also hosting our 10 year alumni party at my house, which is is 2 weeks. So, another list of RSVPs for that night, plus who is golfing and eating pizza the next day. Plus a TO DO list at my house for this.

I am kind of bummed because I know there is no way my dad will have my bathroom done by then. Even though it's been over a year and he promised me it would be done by this weekend. It is hopefully going to be an outdoor party (please don't rain) so I really wanted my bathroom to be remodeled by then, it is the ONE ROOM in the house that everyone will for sure be visiting. So it's disappointing. I've been focusing most of my efforts on my yard, and have made some great imporovements out there. I have 1 coat of paint on the huge wall outside, but it needs probably 2 more. The color is a browninsh green, but in direct sunlight, (which is most of the time) right now it just looks like wet concrete. Hopefully more coats of paint will help. It's still an improvement though.

I also still have holes in my ceiling were all the new light fixtures are suppossed to be. I have them all bought, and they are just laying around the house waiting to be hung. I'm not crossing my fingers on this one either.

AND it's Memorial Day weekend, and it's going to RAIN. Thursday through the middle of next week. Awesome. Which means the birthday party will be inside, no painting the wall, no gardening, no going to Yankton to go boating with friends, no surprising Brody with a trip to the zoo. I think I might bust out the paints and canvas this weekend and let him go to town with that.

What about you, are you being productive at work today, and what are your weekend plans??

4 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

Hmmm, productive? Depends on who for. Productive for me yes, but for my boss? Not so much.

Glad I'm not the only one!

I know how frustrating it is not to have a bathroom. When my husband remodeled ours, it took him 2 years to finish it!

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

Glad I'm not the only one drowning! School is about to wrap up and we have some many functions, field trips, arard ceremonies, blah blah blah. My calendar looks like a big ink spot!

Unknown said...

my plans for this weekend include celebrating a friend's 41st birthday and then a "hot flash bash" for a friend who's gone through menopause. im also going to be on the radio these sunday evening from 6 to 7 edt talking about manifesting ... how to make good things happen :).... check it out on blogtalkradio!... www.blogtalkradio.com/discovering-natures-spirit :)

Liz Harrell said...

All I want to do this weekend is zone out. Stare at the wall and listen to the birds outside. :) Lofty plans, I know.