Monday, June 8, 2009

My 10 Year Reunion and some more


10 Year Reunion!!


This last weekend was my high school reunion.  It was a BLAST.  
Friday night, I hosted the get together at my house.  We had about 20 classmates (out of a class of 36) + family, so 48 people were here.  It was a great time.  Our class was pretty close, but not everyone has kept in touch.  It was GREAT to see everyone!  I think we headed up the hill to the corner bar after having a potluck family supper, and of course several beverages.  Then back to my place afterwards for after party.  I seriously have no idea what time everyone left and I finally got to bed.



Tequila.  Lots of it.




This is my very BFF Tia.  We have been friends since grade school.  She's the one that just got married in April.






This was Saturday night, waiting for our pizza.  We had a golfing outing planned that day that I skipped out on to clean up my house/yard and return the tables and chairs we had borrowed.  Then we met at the pizza joint for a few hours, (and a $300 bill) before heading back to the bar again for the all-class reunion party.

It was a crazy weekend.  I had fun Saturday night, too, but it really wasn't as fun as Friday.  The initial excitement of seeing everyone was awesome.  I felt bad for the 4 people that only came Saturday, they really missed out.

Sunday, I took Brody to see UP.  Fabulous movie!!!  It was very entertaining and the 3d glasses made it fun.

Brody has Vacation Bible School this week.  He was so excited to go this morning, he sat all dressed and ready a good half hour before he needed to go, with his lunchbox sitting on his lap.  And I heard he made a few new friends, and was very outgoing, so yay!!  He goes again tomorrow and the Thursday, with the program Thursday night. 

In other news, I had the most delicious microwavable lunch today.  I picked up a few of the WW Smart Ones the other day.  Today I had the mini vegetable pizzas and they were AWESOME.  (5 points).  Just thought I'd share :)

I'm getting ready to out to work at the farm doing books for a few hours, so I can already tell it is going to be a busy week.  


OH!  P.S. -
My college BFF called me on my way to work this morning, she is now ENGAGED.  I'm so happy for her!  (But seriously, my friends need to knock it off.  When is it my turn??)

So.... I guess I'll be adding another bridesmaid dress to the closet!!




7 comments:

Cheryl @ a pretty cool life. said...

Stopping by from sits to say hi! Your blog is super...have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Hey Hollie, thanks for stopping by earlier...so glad you had such a fun time at your reunion! My 10 year was last year and it was sooo much fun too. It's always good to connect with old friends and see how they've been. Chat soon,

Jamie :)

jmt said...

Aaahhh, the ten year! I just had mine 3 years back, and I had to be the planner/organizer. It was fun...so they tell me. I was too busy being stressed before and then decided to indulge in the wine after....oops. LOL Good work on a successful party!
Stopping by from SITS roll call. Happy Thursday!

Divaeva said...

Looks like a fantastic time! It looks like we will be perfect swap partners! I look forward to getting know you!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Great post! And it will be your turn very soon!!!!

Lins said...

Looks like you had a great 10 year! Mine is coming up in a year...hope we have that much fun! :)

You were a comment or two above me on Roll Call this morning (SITS) so I thought I'd swing by and say hey!

Happy Friday!

Barbara said...

I remember my 10 year... sigh. Looks like you had fun.. SITS