Okay, what is with Blogger? It took me two days to finally get my pictures on here, and now it won't let me rearrange the order or anything. I've tried 3 different browsers even. Oh well, these are going to be in completly random order.
I LOVE the Henry Doorly Zoo. I take Brody every Spring, but I am thinking we should go more than once a year, it is such a great time. It looks in this picture that Brody thinks it is NOT a great time, but really this was the last picture we took, and he was DONE. with taking pictures.
This is my friend Christina, AKA Aggie who came with us. Brody took this picture. I felt bad because we had brought his camera along, but he was fooling around with it and it got left in the car. He was mad about it, but I wasn't about to go back and get it, so I let him snap a few with mine.
This was close to the end of the day too - it is one of my favorite pics. The "milker" had already been turned off for the day, and brody was mad that it wasn't working. Milking the cow is a MUST at the zoo. His facial expression says it all!
Riding on the carousel. It took him forever to pick out which animal he wanted to ride, and then he picked the giraffe, and because it's so tall, it didn't even move up and down! Bummer. Next time we'll go for the gorilla.
Speaking of giraffes, I love them. They are my favorite animals. Have you ever seen one run?? You would not believe how graceful they are.
Brody told me he knew that this elephant was a girl because it had eyelashes like a mommy. (Turns out he was right - the train director said they were both girls!)
This is new at the zoo, and we didn't do it this year. Brody doesn't like heights too well, and I was afraid he'd be scared. Hopefully next year. It takes you across the length of the whole zoo! I think it would be awesome.
Another must at the zoo is feeding the big fish off the bridge. We always bring a bag of popcorn and throw it over and watch the fish go crazy jumping out of the water for it.
My other favorite animals at the zoo - the sea lions. I didn't get very good pictures this year, we were rushing to get on the train. But here is mommy with her 1 day old baby. It was so adorable, she reached her tail around the baby and petted it and leaned down and gave it a kiss.
And here is Brody's favorite part of the zoo - the train. I admit, I enjoy it too.
Every year this gorilla is the best. He is always sitting up by the glass so little kids can really see him good. This year he was so funny, and would keep copying the kids when they covered their eyes. We could have stayed and played here all day!
Up close with the gorilla.
This is in the Desert Dome. Brody thought at first all the lizard statues were real, and finally he touched one and thought it was the funniest thing.
Sharks. Look at their teeth!!
Brody loves to watch the sharks. The awuarium is great, a big tunnel where they are swimming above you and all around. We just sat and watched for awhile.
I don't know what kind of bird this is, but he was neat. Just sitting and watching the people walk by him, not afraid at all.
Oh wait - maybe this was Brody's favorite part this year. There is a bridge in the Jungle that is like the "Indiana Jones bridge" according to Brody. We had to go across it like 5 times.
The zoo is fun, but sooo exhausting. I need to plan a little better too. This is the second year in a row I've gone down during the College World Series, which is just across the street from the zoo. The traffic and parking is horrible. But the crowds aren't bad, because everyone is watching the games!





4 comments:
What an awesome zoo!!!!! And look at you, all Hot Mama in that too cute dress! Loved all the fun pics!
Looks like a fun filled day!
I love the zoo. Those are some awesome pics too!
I just stumbled across your blog and found this post....my niece is a keeper in the Desert Dome...how neat!
Post a Comment