Thursday, October 15, 2009

Confessions, To-Do's, and Wants.

Okay, so I haven't posted in a week. Honestly, I haven't had time. I had this idea in my head that once it hit October, things would start slowing down? I haven't any idea why I thought that.

Last weekend I drove three hours to a wedding. Well, actually, by the time we got there the wedding was over, but we hit up that reception like nobody's business. Seriously, I had a sliver in my toe from all the dancing on that old wooden auditorium floor. Fun times.

This weekend, I have way too much going on. Saturday, I have a birthday tea party to go to for my BFF and her sister. No boys allowed, so Brody will get some bonding time in with his uncles. After that, of course I'll be watching my Huskers. I actually could have gone to this game, I was offered a free ticket, but being the good BFF that I am, turned it down for tea. Honestly, how often do we get to wear cute dresses and heels, sip tea and gossip? Sorry 'skers, maybe next time.

I have some family here this weekend from Arizona. They came up for the game, but we are expected to be in attendance Friday night for dinner and drinks, and Sunday morning for brunch.

So that leaves me Saturday night, and Sunday afternoon. My soon to be sister in law's brother is leaving for basic training on Monday. So Saturday night, we need to make an appearance at his going away party. I just got an email from an old high school friend who just had her baby that she will be home this weekend and would like us to stop by and see her. (Granted, she has never even met Brody, and he is 4, but I still would like to go, maybe patch that friendship up a bit.)

Brody and I are both so excited to see Where the Wild Things are. SO, what I am hoping will work, is if we stop by to see the baby on our way to brunch, and then can hit up the movie and enjoy a few hours to ourselves on Sunday. That's my plan anyways. Hopefully it works that way, because I don't know if either one of us can handle waiting another week to see the movie.

I have so many half finished projects that need to be finished.
* Painting my basement. Still only 1/3 primed. I really need to get the lighting changed down there. It's just so dark, and I think that's where the lack of motivation sits.
* I have these cute little craft blocks that need to be modge podged, and I need to go to Hobby Lobby. It would be nice to finish them BEFORE Halloween.
* Brody's monster cards - I made some cards up of a drawing he made of a monster and was going to send them to friends and family with his school picture. My printer all the sudden sucks and is not printing right. I think it needs to be cleaned. SO no cards yet, and nobody has his picture yet.
* I haven't developed any pictures since May.
* I have other artistic plans that are still just on paper and files on the computer, mainly because of my printer, but still.
* My garden. I got all the veggies out, but need to clean it up. But it's been cold, rainy and even a little snow, so I'm waiting for a nice day. This weekend will be nice, but yeah, I'm kind of booked.
*and etc. this list could go on forever, but it's depressing.

I'm broke. Buying a car takes a lot of money. Which wouldn't be so bad, but I miss shopping. I haven't spent over $10 that hasn't needed to be spent so far this month, and I feel great about that. But I love to shop and miss it. I can't wait until I start Christmas shopping.

I'm in two weddings next summer, and Brody is in one. I just got a call yesterday, that one bride has decided on bridesmaid dresses, but we need to order them by the end of the month, because they are being discontinued. No big deal, except I am paying the license and title on my car next week and don't have any extra money to pay for a $155 dress. I think I can just pay for half now, which helps, or else I guess I'll put it on my credit card, and just not buy groceries until November. Seriously, thanks for the two week warning.

I miss Adam. :( Bad.

I want a bigger tv. I have a hand me down 32 inch in my living room. My living room is huge. I can't lay on my couch, which is awesome, and watch tv without squinting at it. It stinks. I miss laying on my couch.

I also really really really NEED a new washer and dryer. They both squeak and whistle so loud when using them it's hard to hera above them. Even when you are upstairs - they are in the basement. And I'm sure, being as old as me, that they are not very energy efficient.

Lottery numbers, anyone?

I am not sure about this set up anymore. It's just not happening. If our schedules already don't work, how is it going to be in a month when he starts coaching basketball? Maybe it'll happen in the spring. But seriously, I'm not going to pursue it anymore. He knows where to find me if he wants.

3 comments:

Lisa Anne said...

Two words for you. BEST BUY. If you get a BB credit card you could buy your washer, dryer and tv and not pay any interest for like 18 months. The min payment on the card, well at least mine is $10 a minth. Plus they will give you a smokin deal if you buy all three at once. I had to buy a fridge, stove, micrawave, disherwasher and washer dryer when I bought my house. The total was about 3000, I told them OMG I only have 1800. They gave me a package deal with free shipping and it came out to 1600, less then what I told them my budget was. I was shocked!! I didn't even have to bargain or argue with them

True story I swear!

Kekibird said...

Lots of crafty's going on! You'll find time. And budgeting sucks but in the end it's helpful when you do get that new washer and dryer.

And yes....let him come to you. If it's meant to work, it will. And it's ok to hurt for them. It's just apart of the process.

Grand Pooba said...

Wow! That's some list! Sadly, it's not much bigger than mine! And even more sadly is that it only grows!