Sunday, October 4, 2009

Ah, that new car smell!

She's here!  I was shocked to get an email from my dealership on Thursday, telling me my car had arrived the night before.  Just a week before they had told me it would be at least the middle of October!  

Having a new car is seriously so exciting to me.  I've never had a new car.  I've driven two cars my whole driving life, both of which were very used when I bought them.  

My whole garage has that new car smell to it.  LOVE it!  
 Here's a picture of Brody and I, on our way to go pick up the new ride.    

In case not everyone knows cars, this is a 2010 Ford Fusion, Sterling grey in color.  It is fabulous.  I love her.  She needs a name, any suggestions?



I had to take a picture of this - It only had 4.4 miles on it when the keys were handed over to me!

Also, I get 6 months free Sirius radio.  What stations are good?  Does anyone else have Sirius, is it worth it, and what do you love about it?  I haven't even had a CD player in my vehicle for 9 years, so this is all very new to me.  Suggestions, please!

Oh, and on the homefront update - (because I know it's more fun to read about than a new car! :) Adam is still single.  So am I. and we have not talked to each other, or even run into each other for that matter, which makes it easier.  It IS getting easier.  

The teacher - it's kind of fun, because we both know both are interested, but it just hasn't happened where we have actually gotten to hang out yet.  It's kind of a little game right now, and the matchmakers are having a great time talking us up to the other, and trying to make it happen.  It's cute.  I'm sure we'll meet eventually, and hopefully hit it off as much as everyone thinks we will.  For now, we have become facebook stalkers of each other.  :)

I am expecting great things in October.  Especially since September sucked and all.

12 comments:

Christy {SparklesandSpinach} said...

Congrats on your new car! It's gorgeous!!!

Divaeva said...

wow - greeat new ride! Fiona Focus came to mind when I saw her!

Lisa Anne said...

Very cool. I love that new car smell. I just purchased a new honda civic and love it. It's not dodge charger with a hemi (i traded that it) but it's perfect.

Come stop by my blog I've got a craft swap going on.

http://smellthecoffeelisa.blogspot.com

Theta Mom said...

Congrats on the new car! I love new car smell, too. It'e the best! I found you from SITS, what a cute place you have here! Glad I came by. :)

Courtney @ One Fine Wire said...

I'm lovin' the new car...very nice! Just dropping by from SITS this evening :)

My personal blog:
www.finewire.blogspot.com

If you are ever interested in a new blog design, I would love to work with you!
www.onefineblogdesign.blogspot.com

Nice to meet you!

Karen M. Peterson said...

Congratulations on the new car! So exciting!

Here's hoping you have an AWESOME October. You deserve it!

Brigetta Schwaiger said...

Congratulations. Oh so exciting.

Eliza Welch said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!

Popping in from Twitter to let you know about my new movie about a Mommy Blogger! Follow me there for chances to win tickets, prizes and more! www.twitter.com/MotherhoodFilm

Design It Chic said...

Congrats on the new car! It looks awesome!
Happy Tuesday!

* are you in for some random, then stop over today

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Congrats!

Kekibird said...

Yeah for October!! Sounds like it's a great month for you!

And love the new car smell! I'd love a new one, but mine is paid off so it's nice not to have that payment for now. But someday I'll get a new one big enough to fit all three boys and all their toys!

Doran & Jody said...

Sniff, sniff. Yep I can almost smell it. Congrats!!

I thought Divaeva's idea was cute. Fiona.

Suzy, Sally....good luck on picking one. You can always go with Betsy.