Okay. So most people on the planet use facebook, right? I do. I am on it several hours a day. I love it.
I do NOT, however, love the status updates. Well, I should clarify, I do NOT like it when people use the status updates to complain, look for sympathy, or just plain cry about how much their life sucks.
For example:
I am tired of being me. I hate my life.
An hour later, the same person - Why is it that I am always alone and I have no real friends?
Later that same day - Well, bad day at work, now to go home alone and cry.
Okay. Seriously. I can NOT sympathize with that. Maybe if you stop updating your status about your shitty life people wouldn't avoid you. Enough said.
Another - an acquaintance from college that has been diagnosed with lupus, and has VERY regular flareups, hospital visits. I kid you not, we got a minute to minute status update to what tests were being done, which doctors were there, how much weight she has gained, what meds she is taking, etc.
A little too much?? I think so. A simple, hey I'm in the hospital, text me - wouldn't that have been better? Not everyone of her 600 friends need to know everything.
and ONE more - a friend with a child who has autism. Not all that uncommon. Apparantly it's very important for everyone to know that her teacher is bad, doesn't understand her child, blames her for sheltering her, she pooped her pants at school, and so on.
Maybe I'm wrong here, but really, is it necessary for me to know all this? No.
Right now, my status update says - Okay. Whoever taught my 4 year old to put plastic spiders on my pillows and in my shoes - NOT. COOL.
and I have gotten several "likes" and a few comments. You know what I've noticed about the above statuses? No likes, comments, nothing. So I can't be alone in thinking this.
My point, I guess, is to not put your whole life in your status box. Or update 24 times a day.
Be creative, funny, tell me you are moving or buying a new car, GREAT.
DON'T tell me you are lonely, or that your ex is a cheater, or you have the stomach flu and can't leave the bathroom.
Seriously.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
hahaha, I completely agree! That's how twitter was and I quit..I got sick of seeing that stuff.
TOTALLY AGREED!!!! Enough said. I can understand the occassional sympathy search - but after awhile of those it's just redundant.
I completely agree... go see a shrink folks.
Visiting from SITS! And...I could not agree with you more! I RARELY do status updates, unless I have something I really want to share, i.e., interesting, special, or funny.
I also don't like to see all those quiz results people post...5 at a time is a little much!
Great blog you have here :-) Have a great weekend!!!!
I hear ya. WAY too much TMI goes on in the FB sphere.
Amen, sistah!
My current Facebook status says: I think Joe Buck should have his voice box removed.
:-)
I have a friend that posted photos of a car accident, one of which showed her almost totally exposed and badly bruised chest. Ugh! I don't need to see that!
Post a Comment