Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Another Weekend Wedding

My best friend since grade school got married this weekend! It was a beautiful, fabulous time. Everything went smoothly, and on time. It rained, but we had cute hot pink umbrellas, so we didn't really care. The groom is a weatherman, and at the ceremony he got a lot of grief about how beautiful it was all week, until the day of wedding came around and it rained ALL DAY!! But the bride was smiling.

Here we are doing the finishing touches. Zoey, the cute little flower girl is giving Aunt Tia a big hug.


and here is the bride and I, right before she walked down the aisle to leave me in singledom!


at the ceremony, me and my Brody monster. He and the flower girl were the same age and were so cute together all night.

and late in the night, tearing it up on the dance floor with the flower girls mom. We both had to go to the wedding dateless. Her man was working and mine was in the field. Go figure! We always have a great time together though, so it was fun.


I feel like I haven't written in so long! Here's a little rundown of what is going on.

I got Brody signed up for preschool. It sort of makes me sad, but excited for him at the same time.

My brother is now "officially" engaged. They have actually been planning the wedding and had the ring bought since last October, but the stone wasn't set yet, and she wasn't wearing the ring, but now she is! Which means, another wedding (but not until June 2010). I should become a professional bridesmaid.

I am pretty sure Brody has a food allergy or reaction to pizza bagels. Everytime he eats them at daycare, he throws up. He doesn't have any other food allergies, and is a really good eater, so this is baffling to me.

Adam knows he has some decisions to make, and soon. He doesn't want me with anyone else, and I don't him either, but he is still so scared to commit. It's ridiculous, because really what is the difference?? It's almost comical to me at this point. he can't stay away and he knows it. He'll listen to his mom eventually. She loves me.
:)

I feel like I need another vacation. Maybe Vegas again, maybe North Carolina to visit Heather? Maybe just the Omaha Zoo?

8 comments:

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

Everyone looks so beautiful. Weddings are fun (most of the time)

Unknown said...

beatiful couple! hope it all works out the way you want it to :)!

Kathy B! said...

You have had a lot going on !! I feel lazy by comparison. The wedding pics are beautiful. Looks like a good time was had by all :)

And congrats on starting preschool... it goes so fast.

Willo said...

Just stopping by with some SITS luv because you were ahead of me today! The wedding looks like it was tons of fuN!

scrappysue said...

you were above me in the SITS comments - hello from nz!

Lesley said...

what a beautiful bride....stopping by to say Happy SITS day

Small House said...

WOW...how cool that you are still close to a friend from grade school! She was a beautiful bride.

Have a great day.
Sandra

John Deere Mom said...

Looks like you all had a great time!