Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A favorite


This is the absolute BEST tator tot casserole EVER! Brody and I both love it, and I've made it for a few guests before and it's always a hit. Super easy and super delicious!

The original recipe for this came from eithe Kraft Food and Family or All You magazine. I don't remember which, but I've been making it on the regular for at least 2 years now.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups milk
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese *
6 oz. cooked, cubed ham
1 bag frozen veggies *
1 bag frozen tator tots

*I usually use monterey jack, or a mix of that and cheddar. I also usually use a country blend of veggies, with broccoli, carrots, etc. in it. This time I actually used a stir fry mix with asparagus and mushrooms in it. It was heavenly. I think the original receipe called for cheddar and a bag of corn.

Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray and preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Whisk together the milk and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
Add 1 cup of cheese and ham. Mix.
Add veggies and tator tots. Mix well and pour into baking dish.
Top with remaining cheese.
Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown (and not cold in the middle).

Seriously, this is the best out of the freezer meal that everyone will love!

1 comment:

Ms D said...

I make that too! We LOVE it!! :)