Yesterday was just one of those days while shopping that everything went my way. I have become a huge coupon cutter. I have become obsessed to the point that when I want to buy anything, I search the net first looking for a coupon.
First, Brody turns 4 next month. So I have decided to buy him a Leapster 2 for his birthday. I am still not sure how much he'll be able to use it right away (ages are 4-8, so hopefully he picks it up pretty quick.) I found a $10 off coupon for this, and was headed to Target, because I also had a 15% off entire purchase coupon to use. It was supposed to ring up at $59 before the coupon, but it RUNG UP WRONG! AT $40 INSTEAD! So, I ended up getting it way cheaper than I thought.
I also went to Card and Party Outlet to look for invites and stuff, again with my 15% coupon. He said he wanted Spiderman. But while looking I noticed on the end aisle all the IRONMAN stuff on clearance. So IRONMAN it is! He is way cooler anyways. Hopefully finding a cake won't be a hassle now. And the rest of his birthday present is easy now too, he told me he wants a Ironman costume so he can really BE Ironman. They sell those at walmart, so winner winner chicken dinner.
Then off the Kohls, with another 15% off coupon. Plus, I got in on the early bird bonus buys. I ended up getting a nike outfit, a 3 piece pajama set, 2 pairs of shorts, a pair of windpants, 2 tshirts, a polo shirt, and a pair of shoes all for Brody, plus a super cute pair each of white Apt. 9 capris and jean shorts, and two shirts for me! Plus a few household items/gifts all for $136. PLUS I earned $30 in Kohls cash (which means I have to go shopping again next weekend; :)
Then I went to walmart for a few essentials, and ended up saving $16.75 in coupon savings.
I'd say it was a pretty good day of shopping! And I don't even have any pictures to share ~ I think this is the only picture I have taken all week!





6 comments:
I love me some coupons too!
Sounds like a great day to me!! I love SAVING MONEY!!!
You gotta love bargains!
Thanks for visiting today!
I love coupons too.
Sounds like you have it mastered. I, too, coupon. Do you go to Smart Source for grocery and sundry items? Have you ever heard of the MyPoints Bonus program? They send out emails that you just click through--you may occasionally find something of interest--and earn points. You can also do surveys for points and sometimes they offer video games. I do it and I earn enough points to cash in on gift cards for restaurants, various stores(walmart, target, bath&body works, etc.)I have gotten cards for red lobster, olive garden, subway, panera, starbucks...
If you are interested in doing this, just send me your email address and I will recommend you and they will send you an offer to join by email. My sisters and my daughter do this, too. It really only takes a few seconds to click thru, then delete. They also have a toolbar and you can earn points for your every search.
Hats off to you! Wish my shopping excursions were there lucky! :)
Post a Comment