
Meet Skipper. He is our Christmas Elf. Santa sent him to our house to keep an eye on Brody. Every night, he flies back to the North Pole to tell Santa all the good (and bad) things Brody may have done that day. Then he flies back and hides somewhere in the house. When we wake up, we have to find him.
Here he is, sitting on the mantel in my Christmas Village. He likes to sit up high, so he can see everything.
He came to us with this wonderful book that explains everything. He is not allowed to talk to us, and we are not allowed to touch him. It might make his magic disappear!
We read our story about him every night, and then go and talk to him, telling him if we've been good, and which room we think he'll be in the next day.

This morning, we found him next to the computer in a lampshade! You just never know where that crazy elf is going to be....






15 comments:
LOL! I have a set of these Elves that were once my Grandmas.
That is really cool. The only elves we have in our house are the Keebler kind.
I absolutely LOVE this!! I am off to search for the book now. Merry Christmas to you! :)
we had one of those guys when I was growing up!
What a great little elf he is too...... always hiding away!
Lovely fun!
What a cute idea!
I've never heard of this before.
Oh that is really cute! I saw that book but didn't know exactly what it was...I think it might be an effective behavioral tool!
Thanks for visiting my blog!
How fun!
When the kids were small we had our Christmas Elf too. His name is Timmy. The kids loved him.
I think this whole elf idea is SO fun!
No elves in my home. I do remember my mother having one.
I know a lot of people that have elves at their house, too!
Frankly, he creeps me out!
Merry Christmas.
What an awesome holiday tradition. I too have a Christmas Elf but he is over 50 years old and very faded. (I love him all the same). A very Merry Christmas to you and your family!
I saw one of those little cuties on another blog, and I need to just order one now for next year! What a great idea!
That is so darned cute. I have never heard of this story before but I find it delightful. Kudos to you for making a Christmas tradition!
Post a Comment