Because of the snow, I hadn't made it there the day before, and knew I had a few packages waiting. One, from my secret santa was a HUGE box! I coulnd't wait to open it! But, I had to get to work...
So I get to work and it was crazy, of course. I actually was only going to work unitl noon, because I took my very pregnant with twins friend (tomorrow is the big day!!) shopping in the afternoon for some much needed baby essentials. Finally around 12:30 I got out of here and headed to the city to pick her up.
After shopping for a few hours, not really accomplishing much of anything, (I have forgotten how when you are really pregnant, bathroom breaks and rest stops are very needed, and they take up a lot of time....)we had to head home. I had to work my other job, bookkeeping at a feed lot last night, and needed to get back. So, a quick stop at Grandmas to drop off the Brodster, and 2 1/2 hours of invoicing later, I pick him back up and FINALLY head home.
I saw the big box sitting there and wanted to open it sooo bad, but I couldn't just yet. First, (and fast, since it was almost bedtime) we had to make treats for Brody's daycare Christmas party, and wrap those presents. (Puppy Chow, pretzels and M&M's, since the originally planned chocolate suckers would take too much time).
Then, finally, after Brody was warm in bed, I got to open the huge box that had been calling my name since 7:30 that morning. I tore into it. First, I saw this:
Then I looked inside! Everything was individually wrapped and it was so much fun!! (But I don't have the patience to take pictures like that, I dug right in.)
Inside the purse, I found goldfish crackers, TWO bags of brownies, a pack of gum, bath salts and body wash, two suckers, a washcloth, and an adorable Christmas apron and oven mitt! I couldn't be happier with my secret santa, Jody! I can tell she read through my blog and really thought about what to get me! She also sent this wonderful little note, explaining why she got me certain things:
The fish - because you love seafood NOT!
The bag - because you are a girl after my own heart.
The bath stuff - time for you to relax and take a time out.
The brownies - HELLO.....
Gum and suckers - to share with your cute little son.
The apron - Make sure to find joy and happiness in all you do!
Thank you so much Jody! It was the PERFECT ending to my day!!! I wasn't even tired anymore after I opened it and was sooooo tempted to make some brownies...

I also participated in an ornament exchange, and I received this adorable Santa music box. I should have taken a picture of the inside, there are reindeer and a sleigh that go in a circle as the music plays. I received this from Bonnie, I don't have a blog for you, Bonnie, but thank you! Brody loves it, and so do I! I hope things are getting easier for you, too!

One last thing, I purchased this snowman print from Sandi Lou. It is wonderful and I love it! If you haven't been to her blog, go! She has several prints for sale, VERY reasonably priced, and they are all ADORABLE!!!





7 comments:
How precious are your gifts? I've really enjoyed bouncing around and seeing what everyone has received. I got my gift yesterday and had to keep my kids from opening it before I got home lol.
Awesome stuff. I love Jody. She's great. Glad you enjoyed the Shindig.
Hi!!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!! Whew what a BUSY day!!!! Can you please tell me how you get up to workout...lol!!!
I wished I had the energy!!! I need to lose weight soooooooo bad!!!!
I love the snowman picture!!!! I think I really want one BAD!!!! I'm guessing it would be for next year!!! It would NEVER make it here in time!
I love all your swap boxes!!!! =) You received some GREAT stuff!!!!
Too funny! That was a cute note to go with your goodies! lol
Great stuff! I loved the note that went with it too! Hope you and your little one have a great Christmas!
Very thoughtful SS! I'm thinking it was the perfect gift, no?
Merry Christmas, I love your gift.
Pam
Post a Comment