Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Christmas Recap


Well it's over.  I can honestly say that I am ready to pack up the Christmas tree, take down the lights and stay out of the kitchen.  Christmas was good to us this year. 

Brody made out like a bandit, of course, and I managed to snag a few awesome gifts myself.

No more dreaming about that pirate ship!  I think he played with this a good ten minutes before he even realized that there were even more presents under the tree!


This was a sort of impulse buy on my part - I was finished shopping for him when I saw this.  It's like the policeman one I thought about, but it's a racecar helmet.  and since Nascar is in the family, I thought it would be perfect, and it is!   He loves it!


Here's a few more, of Brody playing with a few of his favorites!




and what did I get??  Gift cards to Menards (I have a new house and have several projects started or on a list, so those are GREATLY appreciated!!!)  an Apple AirPort Extreme (for my new laptop), and... 
I bought this dining room table with the rest of my cash/bonus check!!!  I am in love...

3 comments:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Looks like a wonderful day!

Happy New Year to you!

Doran & Jody said...

So glad you had a wonderful Christmas. And I am glad you got your dining room set. I tried to figure out how to get that to you when I sent your other Secret Santa stuff. Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to get it in that bag.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

First--thanks for becoming a follower! That's awesome. Second, I love that you have my new favorite decorating color in your drapes. Third, I have a nephew named Brady and your Brody is adorable. And I love that dining set! I so love that the chairs are tall--a more reasonable height than the contemporary height we have seen for centuries! I don't know why it wasn't done sooner!
Lastly, word verification is a real bummer....Please consider letting it go since you have comment moderation....Please....