Friday, January 2, 2009

2008......2009

Wow. A lot has happened in the last year. I have accomplished so many goals, and have made so much progress in my life.

In 2008, I bought a house. A really nice house. This might seem like such a big deal to some people, but it really is. I am a single mom. It's really not an easy thing to do on your own. But I have gotten really good at budgets and rebate shopping and seem to be thriving.

In 2008, I paid off my credit card debt. Well, all but just a little bit. It's an amazing feeling!
Right after I had Brody, I lived on those stupid cards for almost 2 months. I hated getting those statements every month, but little by little they have disappeared.

In 2008, I forgave someone who hurt me. This was a big deal for me, to let Adam back into my life. I have been hurt a lot and sort of developed a One Chance Only rule. But there is just something about this one. No matter what happens with us this year, I am truly thankful that I put on some big girl pants and gave him another shot.

These are the big things that I am so truly thankful for this year. I am a much happier person right now than I was a year ago. I feel like I'm going in the right direction, finally. And I know that me being happier, means Brody being happier, so it is wonderful.

Now for 2009 -

I need to take more me time. I will do anything for anyone, and have been used and pushed around. Time to start saying No, and worrying about me.

There is always that 15 pounds that I would love to melt away. Maybe not so much lose weight, but just tone up.

and I really want to buy a new vehicle. I have had a Escort ZX2 for almost 10 years now. I keep it because it gets great gas mileage, but honestly, it is way too small for a mommy and a three and a half year old. Time to upgrade.

3 comments:

Doran & Jody said...

GREAT accomplishments!!! And good luck on the new year!!

Sig said...

I found you through SITS. I really want to learn forgiveness in 2009...and want more me time (although not sure how with 8 kids..)
Love your blog :)

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

It takes alot to forgive. It is a special person that can do it. Andy is lucky you are so special.
Best wishes for 2009!