Saturday, August 29, 2009

Catching Up

Sorry I've been MIA.  Allergies have been killing me!  I really don't have bad allergies.  But for a few days a year, EVERY year I am pretty miserable.  It lasted a week this year.  Maybe they get worse as you get older??  Anyways, I am now in love with Claritin.

I am going to totally bulletize this post.  Just because I have a lot to say and none of it goes together.

•  I bought a new car!  I made an appointment to talk to a guy, test drive and tell him what I want.  I ended up leaving having ordered a BRAND NEW 2010 Ford Fusion.  In Sterling Grey, dark cloth interior.  It's hot.  I can't WAIT to get it.  I guess when you order a car like that, it can take 8 - 10 weeks to get it in.  Boo.  But it gives me some time to prepare myself and rework my budget a bit so it won't be such a shock I guess.  (Which also means more time spent at home!)

•   I made a To Do list last night.  It's almost 3 pages long.  My goal is to get it all crossed off by the end of Labor Day weekend.  As soon as I am done with this post, I am getting busy.  I have no plans today, and I am purposely staying home next weekend (skipping yet another b-lette party) to work on my house and get some half done projects finished.  

• Tomorrow I have a baby shower for my great friend Allyson.  Her family was my "second family" when I was in college.  I worked at a gas station in a small town and her mom was my boss.  She worked with me, and so did her younger sister for a while.  I spent a lot of nights at their home when the weather was too bad to drive back to Wayne, and had a lot of dinners there too.  I was like another daughter, and gained 3 sisters in the process.  Anyways, hopefully the weather cooperates, because her dad is going to take Brody fishing while all the ladies are having our baby shower.  How awesome is that??  Brody is so excited.

• I'm pissed at Adam again.  Go figure.  I really don't know what his problem is this time.  He ended up having a conversation with my part time boss a few weeks ago and of course I came up.  I've heard both sides of the story now and still don't get it.  Basically I am awesome (they both agreed to that).  So I guess that means Adam should be a dumbass.  Whatever.  He isn't allowed to talk to me until he grows up.  It's been a week.  (Can I just fast forward him a few years so he will grow up?? Seriously.)

•  Last weekend was our town celebration Western Days.  My future sister in laws family has decided I need to be set up with this guy, so they snuck him over here to meet me.  He had no idea he was meeting me, or that it was a sort of set up.  They told him he needed to help bring over some chairs.  I got a call around 8:30 right after getting out of the shower, saying get up here you need to meet this guy.  Since I was dripping wet and didn't even have a babysitter for another hour, they had to stall him until I got there.  So he just joined in and drank beer until I showed up.  Pretty sure now he knows what the whole deal was about, because they introduced me and chatted for a few minutes, and then it was like, well time to go!  Kinda funny, really.  I am thinking of adding him as a facebook friend and just see if a conversation starts.  He's 36, divorced his cheating wife about 6 years ago, good looking, 6th grade teacher, wants kids of his own...... probably much better for me than my current situation.

• Has anyone else heard about the new Cash for Clunkers Appliance stimulus package???  Good thing I haven't gotten a new dishwasher, toilet, washing machine or dryer yet!  (Not that I can really afford them now anyways!)

• What's for breakfast??  I am starving.


3 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

Wow! Sounds like you're busy!

Hope your allergies get better soon. I never really thought I had them, but this last week I've had a hard time breathing in the mornings and have been kind of congested, so I'm starting to think I might.

John Deere Mom said...

I can practically smell that new car smell already! It's the best!!!

Kelly said...

I love catching up bullets! :)

Congrats on the new car! Sounds like things are going well for you(minus dumb boys, but what else is new?).