Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Where has the summer gone???

Can you believe it's already AUGUST!?!?!?

I can't get over it. Brody starts preschool in exactly 2 weeks. I have mixed emotions. It is bittersweet. I am excited for him, he'll have so much fun and get to meet new friends, and do new things, but at the same time I wouldn't mind it if he just stayed my baby for another year.
Speaking of preschool, I am slightly upset with the school. We had to register our kids way back in April. I have not heard one thing back from them since. Not one letter welcoming us to the school, nothing telling us what supplies he will need, nothing telling me when and who I pay, No round up for the kids, nothing.

I got the school newsletter last week, and really thought there would be some sort of info in it. For grade school? Yes. For high school? Yes. For preschool? Nothing. Except that they start on the 19th. And that it is 3 days a week, all day. (seems a bit much to me, for 4 year olds)

So on Monday I called the school. The secretary knew no more than I did about anything. She said she would call me back when the teacher started arriving to work on her room. Great. I don't know, maybe it would be nice to know what I need to buy for him before the week it starts? It might also be handy to know when you are expecting me to pay you that $120 a month. and just an idea - but unless you want a room full of crying scared 4 year olds, maybe we should all get together and introduce the kids to you before the first day of school???? Just a suggestion. I mean, you do it for the kindergartners, who have already been in the building for a year.

Yeah, I might be a little bitter about that.

I am going "school shopping" for Brody this Friday. (It seems so weird to say that.) It's tax free weekend and I have a stack full of coupons and gift cards. Hopefully I can get some good stuff. Just possibly for me too. Too bad I can't actually buy his supplies. I know if I just randomly buy colors and stuff, they will be the wrong kind, etc. and I'll have to buy more, so I better just wait.
I need to buy a new car. I am slightly scared. I have actually needed a new car for a few years now. But I keep putting it off. It's just so NICE to not have a car payment. I have had this car (a black Escort ZX2) since I was a sophmore in college. So, going on 9 years. It's actually still in great shape, runs fantastic, and gets awesome gas mileage. But, it is not a practical car for me anymore. Honestly, it hasn't been a practical car for me since I became a mother, but I have made it work.

This is what I want:


A Ford Fusion, either 2009 or 2010. I really like the green/silver color, which is 2009, so if I can find that a dark interior, that is what I will get. Otherwise, the above blue (which I actually think is just a hybrid color) or a dark charcoal. My car right now is black, so I'd rather have a color than charcoal, but I don't think I'd mind it.
I just really need dark interior, with a 4 year old and a dog that travels with us in the car a lot. My sister is 16, and needs a car, so she is going to buy my car from me. (And when I say buy - I mean do a lot of free babysitting. I'm sweet like that.) Since I am not trading in, I can't take advantage of the Clunkers deal, but my car isn't considered a clunker anyways. I want to try to buy one by the end of August/early September. That is when I will start having a little extra each month, because even though I have to pay for preschool, and he will still be going to daycare the other 2 days a week, I will still end up having around $85-$100 more each month. Also, Spetember is the end of the quarter, which means we will (hopefully) be getting a good bonus check at work that can cover my courthouse fees and taxes. I can't even really look right now, because the lots are crazy busy with everone trading in. But I am pretty sure this is what I want. Unless I randomly fall in love with something else in the next few weeks.
Wish me luck. I

5 comments:

Lisa Anne said...

I can't believe that summer is over. I'm in shock my son starts the 4th grade on the 19th. It's sad for me because I wish he was 5 again. from my blog as you can see he is still acting 5. lol

I just bought a Honda Civic (traded in my dodge charger with the hemi, bitter sweet as it only got 15 mpg), and I love it. 40mpg and it's not a hybrid. I got it in black and in the 104 degree weather the leather burns. Anyway I'm sure you will love your FORD. My family loves Ford cars, not me so much.

I think it's great that are giving your sister your car, even if it's a trade for babysitting. I wish you were my sister. lol

Sandy said...

I am really not ready for the start of school yet! I feel like summer just began!

Erin Bassett said...

Don't stress too much on the supplies for pre-school. I used to teach (private) pre-school & the school provided everything for the children. Once a year I'd put out a wish list for things we'd like to include in our class, but it was usually for things like toilet paper rolls and baby food jars. Feel free to ask me any questions you have if you need someone to talk with.

(Stopping by from SITS)

Chanda said...

I miss tax free weekend I enjoyed in Florida...they don't do that here in Kentucky :( That really stinks about not finding much about what is going on with the school!

John Deere Mom said...

Love the car! Good luck with your decision! As far as preschool goes, we didn't have to buy anything except a small backpack. They provide everything else. Actually it's the same for K this year. So I wouldn't worry too much about the supplies...he probably won't need much, if anything. Good luck!!