Thursday, August 20, 2009

I'm totally ready for this.




Or at least, I am trying to be! Brody started preschool. He loves it. Am I surprised? Not at all.

He goes all day, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Yesterday was his first day. He told me the night before not to worry about waking him up, because he can just do it himself. Sure enough, he was out of bed and ready to go by 6:30. I hadn't even finished a cup of coffee yet!



It's hard to believe he can be old enough to go to school already! He was such a big kid, walking into the building. It amazed me that a lot of other (older) students who saw us in the hall all said Hi Brody! as we walked past. I guess he "knows" them from Sunday Scool and Bible School. We walked into his room and he gave me a HUGE hug goodbye (he must have known I needed it!) and that was that!




I could not wait to go home yesterday and hear all about it! It was by far the highlight of my day, and I am sure it will be every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for the rest of the year!


He told me that Mizzuz Bebaby (his way of saying her name) showed him around and let him play with Jevon his BESTEST FRIEND all day! He got to eat PIZZA for breakfast and "some kind of brown meat" on a bun for lunch. And he only ate one bean and nobody told him he had to eat more! He played in the sandbox at recess (as I dumped the sand out of his shoe) with Jevon and a kid with a green shirt, and ate lunch next to the girl named Hope with dark hair.

OH - and Isabella wore a dress that Mizzuz Bebaby said was beautiful, but he did NOT think it was beautiful. Apparantly it was a pink and orange tutu....



He also had music time where he sang and showed off his "dance moves". (he gets that from his aunt who is in dance squad.) and he played in the kitchen, drank 3 milks, and went to the bathroom the same time as 2 other boys.


And did you know that we have bones in our bodies? That's the hard part. If we didn't have them we would just be a pile of squish! It's a good thing I made him with bones.

13 comments:

Lisa Anne said...

That is so exciting, both for you and him. My neighbors son just started pre-school today, she was so sad because he didn't even cry when she dropped him off. I miss those days!!

Lee said...

Don't you love that! My son started Kindergarten and his famous words...It was nice and I didn't get my mouth duct taped!

Roxane said...

What an exciting day he had! He looks adorable :)

Divaeva said...

*laughs* how adorable is this post?! Almost makes me wannna....well - no, not at all (came to my senses!) He is too precious! You are going to be in trouble in a few years with the young ladies! ;)

Kelly said...

So cute! Hopefully this is the beginning of a life-long love of school!

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Awwwww! He's so freaking adorable! You've just made me tear up. I'm such a sap.

Debbie said...

How adorable. It sounds like he had a great first day! I came by from SITS to say hi.

Dorkys Ramos said...

Hahaha, so cute :)

You lucked out with such an adorable kid who gets up on his own! Wait til the excitement wears off...

Tim said...

That is too cute! I wish our kids could have gone to preschool. We might put Will in it next year.

Love and Prayers,

Tim

BBB said...

Oh I love it when kids start give you a whole day description like that. I ask what my kids did and I get "nothing"...

Sigh!!

I hope he keeps loving it!

Tina said...

How exciting the first day of school.

It was probably harder on you than him....

Thanks for sharing and he is so darn cute!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

What a little cutie! I'm already dreading that day and the dude is only 14 mos. Ah ha

MamaOtwins+1 said...

Stopping by from SITS-
glad the first day went well, our first day was today