nu=3344)255)5(6)WSNRCG=323972;+34994nu0mrj.jpg)
This weekend we had a birthday party for one of my old college roommates kids. He will turn 2 next month, but she is due with twins the same week as his birthday, so to make sure he GETS a party, she held it early. (She's the second from the left above, I know she's sitting, but does she really look a month away from having twins?? Didn't think so.)
My senior year in college was by far the best of the four. I had a group of girls that I met through the years that were just like me - we all were very driven to succeed, got good grades, went to class...and partied like rockstars. So senior year, 6 of us moved into a house together. (2 bathrooms). It still amazes me to this day that we never had any fights. Not one. This includes the "extended family" as we called them, the other girls in our circle who didn't live in the house with us, and the boyfriends that survived. Above is 4 roommates and 1 extended.
We have one BIG reunion a year, where no matter what everyone makes it, and then every few months make an effort to at least get a few together. This time, everyone (minus the prego) came back to my place to stay and go out that night.
Adam (the ex, if I can still call him that) really stepped it up this weekend. Friday night he really opened up to me, which has been one of our major problems. He told me he knows he's lucky to have me and that he's not going to screw it up again. I think I've come to realize that it's not me, or even our actual relationship that scares him. It's the "titles". I think he's afraid that it will bring too much pressure on him to NOT screw up that he will. So I'm not pushing it. I am happy with him, and honestly, right now he is the boyfriend, just without the title. (If that makes any sense.)
He even stuck around Saturday night, knowing I had the girls over, and helped make margaritas and cosmos, and then DD'd for us all night. We got home around 1:30, and of course he wasn't tired so we watched a movie. He even rearranged the furniture so that the loveseat could face the tv better so we could sit in it together, since the couch was acting as a bed for one of the girls. I really hope he keeps this up!





2 comments:
Well sounds like the "ex" is doing better than my husband! lol
She doesn't look like she is having twins! Lucky her!
a two year old and twins due soon?! Good lord. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.
Post a Comment