Friday, January 23, 2009

Geek Squad to the Rescue


So I just received the funniest phone call EVER. This is how it went down:

Me: Emerson Mfg, This is Hollie

Andy: Hollie, are you guys okay over there? I've been worried.

(At this point, I have NO idea who this is.)

Me: Um, yeah, we are good.......How are you?

Andy: Well, you haven't called in so long, I thought you have forgotten about me.

(I still have no clue.)

Me: No?.........We are okay.......Was I suppossed to call?

Andy: Well, you used to call me at LEAST once a month, if not more, and even on my CELLPHONE. But I haven't heard from you since the beginning of December. Have you been cheating on me???

Now I am just speechless. I seriously don't even know what to say.

So, I play along, and say: No, I thought you were cheating on me, so I moved on. I don't need you anymore. (Still no idea....)

Andy: WHAT!!!! You aren't going to use GEEK SQUAD anymore!!!

and I bust out laughing. CLICK! It's Andy, my loveable geek from Geek Squad!

After I explained to him that I didn't know who I was talking too, and he gave me a runaround about talking like that to strangers, we both had a good laugh.

You see, we tend to break things around here a lot. Network crashes, someone seems to have lost a wire, the internet doesn't work, we need to upgrade, etc. etc. etc.

Andy and I are old pals. I even have his cell phone on my speed dial. He was just checking in, making sure I haven't thrown my monitor through the window yet! He misses us and wants to come for a visit. I'll try to break something in the next few weeks to make his wish come true.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

ooh thats so funny!!! could've been a secret admirer!!! and thats a cute photo of your kidlet with the puppy!

Megan said...

LOL That's hilarious. I've had conversations before also where I have no idea who I'm talking to. Errr....uhhh....OH! HI! :0P

The Blonde Duck said...

Saying hi from SITS!

Doublebanker said...

I'm my own geek squad... gotta hide how much you know about computers. Friends of friends love to abuse you for 3 hours and give you ten bucks for your trouble.


Check out the girl rolling her tongue...it's freaky

Anonymous said...

How adorable, that is too cute for words.

WheresMyAngels said...

Now that is one weird relationship! If their wasn't so many different people answering the phone for the Poison Hotline, I would probably have this same kind of relationship with them.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

That is so funny....Gotta love the guys who remember you like that!

Michaelle said...

LOL! That is funny! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Anonymous said...

Very Funny!

Jenny said...

LOL! Too funny!

Thanks for entering my Animal Lotto giveaway!

Anonymous said...

That is amazing! I want my own geek squad. Is he cute at least? Haha