Sunday, January 11, 2009

Is this MSG???



Brody always amazes me.  

Two nights ago, I made this completely delicious homemade vegetable soup.  We sit down at (our new!) dining room table to eat, and he takes one look at the soup, and says, "Mom, is this MSG?"

I know there is a commercial out there right now, about soup and MSG so this must be where this is coming from.  But he doesn't really watch much tv, unless it's Spiderman or Mickey Mouse, he just doesn't miss a thing.

I assured him that no, this soup is NOT MSG, and is really yummy.  He opted for cheese and crackers and applesauce instead.  Better safe than sorry.



Here's my new table and chairs.  I am still in the process of refinishing a old chest of drawers that I will probably paint a color similar to my curtains that will go on the opposite wall.  It's so nice to actually have furniture in here, it's been a big empty walk space to the kitchen since April!

11 comments:

Doublebanker said...

A lot of stuff advertise NO MSG's... but that raises the bar for food tasting quality!

WheresMyAngels said...

That is way too funny. Aysha listens to commercials alot and will even go around the house singing their tunes.

Love your new table and chairs. I need some.

Lilly said...

How cute is he! And your table looks great. Love the colour. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

He is a corker...Kids can be so funny. At his age they are like little sponges, soaking up everything....I love it!

Jo-Anne said...

What a little cutie! IT's true, they don't miss anything.
I love your new table and chairs...very pretty!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!!! :):):)
Jo-Anne

Anonymous said...

thanks for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway!

This story is too cute. Brody sounds like a very bright little guy!

Doran & Jody said...

Maybe you should have said 'yes it has MSG'. Maybe he would have eaten it.

As for your table and chairs....
Love it, love it!

Cassoulet Cafe said...

Speaking of MSG, I think I had a terrible MSG reaction the other night. We bought some soup at our supermarket deli, and the next morning, both hubby and i woke with migraines, and I was extremely nauseated...

"J" said...

Kids are soooooooooooo smart!!!! =) I love the MSG thing!!!

I love your table!!! Very pretty!!!!

LyndsAU said...

How cute is he!! :) What a good boy! Love the table and chairs!! So cute!

Anonymous said...

my son always tells me he needs his money and he wants it NOW...from a commercial. it's hilarious!!
nice table!!