Friday, January 16, 2009

Really Important Stuff


I was in Barnes and Noble one day last summer, waiting in the Starbucks line when this cute little book caught my eye.  I picked it up and flipped through a few pages, intrigued.  But I didn't buy it.  But I kept remembering a few of little one-liners in it, and ended up making a trip back to the store not even a week later and picked it up.  I am so glad I did.  

This little book is inspirational, fun, and really helps me to keep my life in perspective. Each page has a quick little one-liner that can really get you thinking. I keep it on my nightstand, and honestly probably flip through it and read a few pages a few times a week.  Whenever I am tired, stressed out, sad, mad, or just can't sleep, this book is what I turn too.  

Here are some of my favorites:

Wait your turn.

Know what you like.

Enjoy the ride.

More is not always better.

You can't stop the sled halfway down the hill.

Don't pop someone else's bubble.

Sign your name BIG.

You will learn a lot about your neighbors when you set up a lemonade stand on the sidewalk.

Make your mother proud of you.

Crawling still gets you there.

Every castle has a dungeon.

Stretch.

Ask if you can play too.

Old shoes are more comfortable.

You don't see the dimples without a smile.

Don't be so afraid of losing your frisbee that you never throw it.

If you see this book - pick it up.  It's way worth it.

6 comments:

Megan said...

Thanks for visiting and following me! =D

Love those quotes. So true!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I have these little business cards in a cute box that are very similar. Every time I need a pickup, I just pull one at random and read it. They are awesome. I don't blame you for going back after the book!
Have a great week.

penguinsandladybugs said...

So cute....I love these ideas! Thanks for sharing...I may just have to look for that book!

L said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I realy like the "Make your mother proud of you". :-) Have a great day.

Unknown said...

thanks!!! for stopping by my blog and leaving such nice comments and even being a follower!!!! you are the best!!! pleasedtameetcha as they say where i come from!!! i'll be back!!

Claremont First Ward said...

Looks like a great little book!