Monday, February 16, 2009

Weekend fun with the (devil) child

You know how everyone tells you "watch out for the terrible twos?" I never experienced that. Brody was the sweetest, funniest, kindest little boy that I could ever have imagined. Everyone said, "Just wait, threes are going to be painful!" and yet, my little man stayed the same. He'd even comment on other little kids that were being naughty, saying "I don't do that mom, I'm a good kid." and he was.

Brody will be 4 in May. I had to take him clothes shopping this weekend. He was down to one pair of jeans without holes in the knees. He has had a major growth spurt this winter, and is inbetween sizes. I needed him to try on clothes.

Trying to get a toddler boy who is only interested in all things gross and superheros to try on clothes is a nightmare. I'd rather go to the dentist.

We only went to 2 stores, Sears (Kidvantage is awesome) and Children's Place (15% off coupon).
Normally, this would have been an easy outing, pick up some cute clothes in the right sizes, pay and leave. These 2 stores took THREE AND A HALF HOURS.

It was torture. He was running away from me, crying, both because he hates clothes and apparently my hands were cold. He would do the whole "my body is limp, I can't move" thing, I swear to god this was not my child!!! I ended up bribing him with games at Chuck E Cheese. I despise that place.

Then we got home and my little sweetie was back. We have been learning our letters lately and for Valentines Day he got some new letter tracing books, markers and sketchbooks. He spent all day yesterday in front of the tv watching 101 Dalmations (over and over and over again) and coloring and learning letters. In his new clothes that aren't so bad now, I guess. Ah, me.


Here's a valentines day present of mine - M&M toe socks. Gotta love them.



and I meant to post this pre-Vday, but here are Brody's treats for his little friends at daycare, isn't he talented?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i love those m&m socks!!!!

Marshmallow Circus said...

Those are the best socks ever! My boys are great kids, but they turn into heathens if it is time to clothing shop for them.

Marshmallow Circus said...

Those are the best socks ever! My boys are great kids, but they turn into heathens if it is time to clothing shop for them.

Liz Harrell said...

In Brody's defense... I act the same way when I go jean shopping. :)

Liz Harrell said...

In Brody's defense... I act the same way when I go jean shopping. :)