Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween!!

Has anyone ever tried making those Cake Balls that are on Bakerella? They looked so good, and I thought they'd be a great treat for Brody to take to his daycare today, for their party. So last night, we attempted to make them. They started off promising, and were working out really well. Brody had a great time helping me dip the balls in chocolate and decorate them. Then we tried them. GROSS. They were so disgusting.

I threw them away this morning. Brody didn't bring any treats. They probably have enough sugar out there today anyways. I don't know, maybe it's just the cake mix I used, but I don't think I'll ever be making them again. I'm just mad I spent all that time making them just to throw them out!

Here is a picture of Brody this morning. He wore his costume to daycare, so I hope it's still presentable for trick or treating by the time I pick him up!!

I'll post more about today later!

4 comments:

"J" said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww he is soooooooooooooooooo CUTE!!!!!!! =)

I've never made the cake balls! I've seen them here:
http://kellyskornerrecipes.blogspot.com/2008/03/cake-balls.html

Thanks for stopping by my blog to enter the contest!!!! =)

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Liz Harrell said...

He's adorable!
Happy Halloween!
Hugs,
Liz & Mabel

♥ Becky ♥ said...

Very cute costume!!! I always have a piece of my heart for a cowboy.

Rhea said...

Your son is adorable!

I'd never heard of cake balls until they were featured on Pioneer Woman's site this week. They look so yummy...try her recipe. She lays it out very clearly and with photos.