Friday, October 17, 2008

Pumpkin Painting


PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


This week, on the one free night that we actually got to stay home and didn't have other obligations, we painted a few of our pumpkins. I have a wonderful coworker who treats me like a granddaughter. He is always giving me something. Sweet corn, tomatoes, peppers, onions, potatoes, everything. Pears and Apples have been the latest, and then last week he surprised us by bringing by 6 huge pumpkins and a few small ones! All of this homegrown by him and his wife of course.



So here is Brody painting away. (He had a new shirt on, and the paint is my good acrylics so he painted in his underwear!)

















And here are his two creations. The one on the left is a monster and the one above is a bat. Pretty good for a three year old, I think!









Oh, and I had to throw this in here - a few weeks ago I posted about Brody reading his toy book every night waiting for Santa -- STILL IS!!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think he did a great job too.
Your little pumpkin painter is a cutie..

Oh, and I just love pictures of kids sleeping.. I think they are way to cute..

Meaghan said...

Okay so he had the best time EVER! That looks like way more fun than carving!

I launched my coffee website if you want to check it out www.getthebean.com and we are doing giveaways too. If you want to enter for the giveaways go to www.getthebean.blogspot.com

-Meg

Anonymous said...

I totally see them. Great paint jobs little dude. :)

John Deere Mom said...

Love the John Deere blanket!! So does a certain little boy in this house peering over my shoulder!

Michelle said...

Nice job painting and I love pictures of when they are sleeping......I mean, recharging.

Hannah said...

I miss painting pumpkins!!


Love in the Afternoon

Chris said...

Sooner or later Santa will come.
Those pumpkins look great -- both before and after they were painted.

Priscilla - The Wheelchair Mommy said...

I love his bedding :D

Mickey and Tractors, heheheh

I'll have to let my DS paint a pumpkin. looks fun :D

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Methinks you have an artist on your hands. I can see him now, all grown-up and on the cover of Artist Monthly, posed thoughtfully in front of his easel, brush in hand... sitting in his underwear.

Anna Lefler said...

I love these photos - so sweet...

We've got to get going on our pumpkins - can't believe it's that time already...

Have a great weekend!

:^) Anna

Meaghan said...

Thanks for entering to get free coffee :) I really appreciate the support!

I just had two buttons made one for the coffee blog and one for the GTB Fights cancer blog(www.gtbfightscancer.blogspot.com). If you want 6 extra entries for the free coffee add them to your blog :) Just make sure you leave a comment saying you did!

-Meg
www.getthebean.com
www.getthebean.blogspot.com

iheartbowheads.blogspot.com said...

Too cute. I love this time of year!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Awwwww that is just adorable! I need to paint pumpkins...I usually hurt myself when I carve them. Can't wait until my little one is old enough to do fun stuff like this! Oh and that is just too cute about your little one waiting for Santa! lol Love it!

~melody~

WheresMyAngels said...

How cute! What a sweetie. My daughter's are still waiting to paint theirs. Glad you got some free! That is the best kind!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

great idea to paint them! His bat looks like a colorful bat! :)

Suzi said...

What a cutie! :) I love the mickey mouse pillow case!

Cecily R said...

I LOVE that he's still sleeping with his toy book...so adorable!!

And the painted pumpkins? Well, he is one brilliant little artist and you are one brilliant mama!!

jori-o said...

Stoppin' over from SITS. Cute punkin' and very artsy pumpkins!