Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I need your opinions again.

Okay, so in my backyard, I have this wall that goes across the whole yard.  This is not a good picture to give the full effect, but just imagine that there are flower beds all in front of it, and there are bushes and trees planted up on the upper level.  

I have already been busy the last few days out in the yard, and I really want to get this wall painted this spring, but I'll need to do it SOON, before everything starts growing, and most importantly, before all the little spiders start crawling all over it (because then I'll be too chicken to do it!)

So it was painted a brick color.  My question, should I be boring and keep it the brick color, or something similar, or change it to a more neutral, like a tan color, or go green?  or red? 

I do not want anything too crazy, because during the winter months I don't think I'd really like to be staring out at a bright yellow or blue wall, you know?  

What would you do?  I'm kind of leaning towards a dark green shade.

And for the planters:  if they don't sell by this Sunday, I'm keeping them, and more than likey will be spraypainting them colorful: yellow, red, orange, green, blue.


5 comments:

Celine said...

I say green!!! :)

Rick said...

Keep the "boring" color. Let the flowers and plants bring your variety of color, having a plain background to stand in front of.

Sandi said...

as much as i like color...i agree with Rick, above...let your plants and foliage take center stage!!!...and don't sell the planters!!! many of us would LOVE for those to be left at our houses! ;-).....besides...if you paint...you will then be dealing with peeled paint in no time....

i was so excited to see your name suggestion for my vintage doll!!! and i absolutely LOVED your name....even tho i didn't choose it..i want you to know it was in the top 3!!!......HOWEVER.....no one loses...check my blog later today or tomorrow...and you will find out the plan!!!!

Mary | Deep South Dish said...

Hi, I'm Mary visiting from SITS. I'm trying to make a practice of visiting whoever posts on roll call ahead of me and today that was you!

The thing about fences - whatever kind they are - is you don't really want to necessarily "see" them. Meaning you don't really want them to stand out. They should blend in as well as possible with those things around them - the trees, usually. I'd stay with a neutral color that kind of blends into the surrounding landscape. It should look like it belongs there.

Have a great weekend!

Kati said...

I would paint it a neutral color.. maybe a cream color and add the flowers for color.. it needs a fresh coat of paint and could compliment well.