Okay.
Adam and I need a break. We both know it and are both sort of trying to move on.
Except that I don't know who he has been seeing. I am seeing one of his best friends. Yikes. and it's not the one I kissed a while back. He doesn't know it yet, as far as I know, but I'm sure he won't be happy when he finds out.
So, this new guy, we ran into each other awhile back, at the bar, and started small talk. I haven't really talked to him for awhile. Actually, the last time I think we hung out was way back when 2 years ago when I first started dating Adam and right before his WEDDING (yes, he was married to a crazy for a whopping 8 months). He added me on facebook, and we've been chatting here and there. This weekend I had a friend come to visit and mentioned in my status I'd be uptown. He showed up. I had my brother and sis in law, 2 friends from college and him over after bar. He likes me. I think I like him. (?)
This is complicated for a number of reasons. #1 being Adam. Yes, I need to move on and date someone else, if not forever, at least for awhile. But that doesn't mean I don't still love him. And circle of friends? We'll have to hang out. It will be awkward. Someone will get hurt.
Another reason, is his ex. He has a 2 1/2 year old with her. I don't care about that, but she also had another child before the one with him, who he has always acted as dad too. When he takes his child, he takes both of them. (I really admire this actually. He cares enough about the kid to not write him out of his life.) So, the ex got pregnant AGAIN, before they split up with someone ELSES kid. She just had him last week. This is where it gets tricky for me, to the point of not even wanting to start this.
That means my son, his TWO, and then this new one, that has nothing to do with him, but I KNOW it will. She'll throw the guilt trip on him, you are taking the boys to soandso but what about baby c? he'll feel left out.
That's a lot of kids.
So, I think that if we are going to date, absolutely no kids involved for a long time, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Oh my! What mighty sperm he has! I'm not very good with relationship advice but it sounds like you need a break.
No, only one of the kids is his - the middle one!
But yes, I do need a break!! :)
That will teach me to read blogs and watch tv at the same time! Sorry i'm such a dingbat LOL
Ah Hollie, that's tricky.
Have you guys talked about the newborn already?
Came over from SITS.
That is a lot of kids! My brother has a similar situation but not exactly. He is a single dad to my niece. He is dating a girl with 2 kids(that don't live with her) and she is 5 months pregnant with my brothers child(hopefully its his! crazy!).
Anyway, I'm a single mommy, too. Your blog was a nice find!
Post a Comment